Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, January 11, 2013

doTerra Essential Oils

 What Motivates People to start their doTerra business?

There are many reasons why people decide to join the doTerra company or use their products. A lot of people want to take care of their health, but want to avoid the side effects that come with over the counter (OTC) and pharmaceutical drugs. They also want to avoid going to the doctor for every little illness, practice preventative medicine, and more.

I am among the group of people I mentioned above. I got tired of paying co-pays only to find out that we have a cold instead of strep or the flu. I've also been told that I have hormone imbalances and lupus. I went down the path of trying to treat the imbalances using prescription drugs. Instead of feeling better, I became more depressed and reclusive. My problems weren't solved let alone improved.

Recently, I began to feel deeply depressed again and wanted a natural solution. I decided to try essential oils. After doing some research, I chose to use doTerra's essential oils because the company certifies that they put the oils through some rigorous tests to ensure quality and they refuse to add filler ingredients that decreases the potency (many oils found in stores have fillers) and shelf life.

doTerra has an entire page dedicated to explaining the quality and testing of their Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils, so I won't go in depth in this post.

At this point, you probably wonder why a post like this is on a work at home mom blog. Well, I decided to sign up as an independent personal consultant, or IPC. I did this so that I can get the oils at wholesale prices. Then, I found out that I can set up an monthly autoship order, also called a loyalty rewards order, which can be adjusted any time until 24 hours before it ships. I accrue points, which turns into FREE oils.

Sharing my doTerra Story

At first, I wasn't planning on doing anything with doTerra beyond my monthly order. I already had income from my husband's job, the other sites I've written about, and as from being a Pampered Chef consultant.

As I used the oils, I developed my own success stories that I naturally wanted to share with my friends. They, in turn, wanted to set up their own IPC accounts to get the wholesale prices and free oils that come with the loyalty reward orders.

Just this week, I had a friend sign up. All I did was tell her how pleased I was with the results my family experienced since I started using essential oils. We talked about which oils she wanted. She signed up to be an IPC and bought an essential oil kit at a discount (when compared to purchasing the products individually or at retail price without signing up) so she could avoid the $30 start up fee.

The most popular kit is the The Family Physician® and Slim & Sassy® Enrollment kit because it includes the IPC Introductory Packet, Family Physician Kit, and Slim & Sassy Essential Oil and it is the least expensive kit.

More information about the Family Physician Kit is half way through the page on the doTerra website.

Do you like getting tips about essential oils? Visit my Facebook page Becky Gardner doTERRA IPC

doTerra Classes

doTerra classes are designed to share product information and personal stories about the oils and other products. Unlike many in-home business parties, such as Pampered Chef, there is no pressure to reach a certain sales threshold during the class. When IPCs share their story and sincerely want to help other people, those who are interested will join right away while others may need to need a few oil experiences.

At one class, we made some all purpose cleaners using our favorite oils. Everyone got to take some home. At another, I passed around my oils and let everyone smell it. If they so chose, I let them try a drop or two as well.

It is also important to let people smell the oils so they can see which ones they like. So, IPCs either get sharing kits or bring their own oils.

You can also sell oils at the classes since many people just one one or two oils. You buy them at whole sale prices and sell them at retail prices on the spot. Retail prices are a 25% mark up from wholesale.

However, if you don't want to have an inventory or you want to have long term income, you'll want people to sign up as an IPC.They'll want to sign up rather than spend retail prices- just like they would at Sams Club or CostCo.

How to earn with doTerra


When people sign up as an IPC, I get 20% of whatever they order during the first 60 days. This is called the fast start bonus. I'll continue to earn commission after the 60 days (that's explained a few paragraphs down).

One of the features I like about this business is that its main products are consumable, meaning people will want to order regularly.

I also like the company structure for those people who want to earn more than a free oils. doTerra is set up to encourage you to build your downline because you actually earn more as you help all the levels below you to succeed- not just the people you personally recruit.

In the graphic below, you'll see that when 3 people enroll below you, your paycheck will have a $50 bonus as long as they are active and your team volume is 600 PV. When they each have 3 people who sign up you'll get a $250 bonus per month. When the second generation signs up three people, you'll get $1500 bonus per month. The key is the the three people in each level, including you, need to purchase $100 worth for the bonuses to kick in.

 
This next graphic goes into further detail about doTerra's compensation plan. You'll see that you'll get a greater percentage from the deeper the generations because you helped the people you personally recruited to be leaders as well as become familiar with the products.

You must be active to earn a percentage of your downline orders. For each generation, you get a different percentage of their orders once they are outside of the first 60 day window. You get 2% from the first generation, 3% from the second, 5% from the third and forth, 6% from the fifth and sixth, and 7% from the seventh generation.

You also get $150 the first time your front line members earn elite status for the first time.

When you reach the level of a silver, you start earning shares in the leadership pool. Silver, Gold and Platinum share 2% of the company's profits while the Diamonds share 1%.


Average MONTHLY Earnings Per Rank (not including Fast Start bonuses)

Manager: $30-$70
Director: $50-$100
Executive: $70-$200
Elite: $100-$400
Premier: $100-$600
Silver: $700-$1,500
Gold: $1,500-$4,500
Platinum: $5,300-$800
Diamond: $7,800-$15,000
Blue Diamond: $16,000-$30,000
Presidential Diamond: $44,000-$83,000

Team Meetings

In my area, the Diamond level people hold a meeting once a month to educate the IPCs about the new and old oil products. They do spend some time helping us learn how to grow our businesses as well. doTerra's business model encourages the local leadership to include those who are from other teams by making it hard for leaders to steal IPCs from other IPCs. This is good because we live in a society that is very mobile and it increases the opportunities for IPCs that move to still experience success.

Conclusion

Whether you just want to take charge of your health and use essential oils at wholesale prices and/or earn money from sharing doTerra Essential Oils with your friends, doTerra is a legitimate company. I recommend this opportunity as a no pressure multilevel marketing company.

If you are interested in doTerra as a business opportunity, I recommend that you look at the company's information page. The page provides just about everything you may want to know before signing up including company history, the testing procedures, the products, and business model. Then, enroll for a wholesale account, build your own story, then share. Before you know it, you'll also have a residual income and a product you love!

Visit the facebook page Becky Gardner doTERRA IPC for tips for using oils and testimonials.
Reactions:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India